Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Here's to my first rant.

Dogs.

That was the first thing I wanted to type after setting up this excuse-for-a blog. After a good 30-45 minutes of making sure that it looked as minimal as it possibly could, I finally decided to start with post number one and all I could think of was the word 'Dogs'. As I try to make some sense of this canine fixation, I am stuck listening to the broken exhaust of my Toshiba clicking away and my 8 month old making funny noises... (pause) Okay, She's still breathing. 

Back to dogs, I was at a friend's house earlier today and we were watching his brother, a dog trainer of some sort, and I couldn't help but feel envious. Yup, that's me. While everyone else was busy whipping out their cameras, taking videos, oohing and ahhing, I was bummed out with the reality that at 24, I was doing nothing- literally and figuratively while this guy was pursuing something he liked and being really good at it was just a plus. I just knew as soon as he'd positively reinforced his dog bud, that I had to find my 'thing' and SOON.

I've never been good at anything, just mediocre and honestly, that bites. Out of a billion things I can discover in order to probably excel in or at least be within 80 percentile of, here I am, whining about how sucky my day was and how I ruined the dog watching experience for myself. Thinking of it, I may be probably good at something- bitching. (No pun intended for the dogs.) 

With in halfway of this post you were probably asking yourself what's this blog for anyway and to this I reply that this blog's main intention is to serve as written proof of my attempt in finding bliss, whether it's a 10 year long career in telemarketing (say what?) or simply enjoying an ice cold diet 7-up (Yes, I'm also trying to lose a few, I've got too many things going on for me, don't I?) all I'm looking for is an inkling, an idea, and hopefully, the peace of mind of no longer having to ask myself, "Why didn't I come up with that?".

2 comments:

  1. Damn. Now that is one hell of a first post=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw. Buena mano and coming from the blog expert! Pat on the back for me. :D

    ReplyDelete